Monday 24 March 2014

March 21, 2014


Ok so I have been slack with posting my blogs lately. Doesn't mean I slowed down in my reading. 😊
I have run through almost the complete Guild Hunter Series by Nalini Singh.  I guess the series was so powerful I didn't have energy between books to blog. I will attempt to catch up now.


I quite enjoyed this book. It was exciting to see a strong woman in world dominated by men.  I enjoyed the power plays and the interactions with her and Dmitri.  This book was a great introduction into the series and I was enthralled.



This series enthralled me from book one but the more I read the more fantastical this world became.  I love how the seven of Raphael's are at war with themselves as she is his greatest weakness but he would pick her over them.  Fantastic read!  I also began to fall in love with Dmitri and Illium.  What wonderful depth of charecters she portrays!


EVERYTIME I read about Elena's upbringing it brings a slight tightening to my chest. She has been through traumas left and right and to see the strength she is still able to exude (even though a fictional character) is still an inspiration.  She is becoming a beacon of strength through the books and the development of other charecters as they learn to love her as the miracle angel she is.....is heartwarming.
The long awaited story of Dmitri.......it hurt to read parts of his past and if I am being honest I cried.  The pure love and devotion he felt for his first wife was awe inspiring and something of legends.  I was very skeptical at the way things were going between them but Nalini pulled it off and this is an awesome story. Great job!

Jason......not to be outdone by Dmitri......his story rocked! I enjoyed the back and forth and the hidden agendas.  I think these two are a great story and fit in the world while giving Liajuans world a much more sinister depth.  Loving this series!

This book was awesome and kept me wanting more and more.  I hate waiting for the next book as if it's a movie half done......I understand a writer must take time to live too but the amazing capability to build an entire world like this is something remarkable and her talent is amazing.  I am waiting patiently for the next install,emt in this series.

I know there are a few anthologies in this series I haven't reviewed.  I skipped them and will go back soon to review them (I.e. Galen's story)

No comments:

Post a Comment