Tuesday 17 December 2013

December 17, 2013

So I had a luxury to watch The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug late the other night.  We have watched the whole LOTR trilogy many times and also saw the first Hobbit movie last year.

We saw it in 3D, in Dbox seats.  For my first response to this movie.....if you are at all afraid of spiders <as I am> the first 20 minutes of the movie I suggest to 1)not wear the glasses if it's 3d, 2)not watch  the movie, 3) be late to the movie.  This part literally terrified me and my poor hubby's arm has gouges from my nails days later.  He thought he was safe with the dbox spacing.....nope.

Once the spiders portion was over it was an interesting movie.  It followed the typical Peter Jackson films with tons of beautiful cinematography.  I enjoyed the movie storyline but it didn't have many new surprises...seemed to stick to the basic storyline one would come to expect.  Dragon, Hobbit, Elves, and of course the Dwarves taking back their home.  It had a few characters I didn't recognize but wasn't far off what one would expect from these stories.

I will probably purchase BlueRay as we have all the rest.  If I were to rate it I would give it an 8/10 but would not recommend the Dbox seating as it it very expensive and didn't find it felt much movement during this film.  Stick to regular or 3d.  


No comments:

Post a Comment