Saturday 21 December 2013

December 21, 2013

So I find when I am ill as I have been for three weeks I tend to read a lot more.
Last night I started a story and this evening have finished it and intend to start the next one.

17) Christmas Heat (The Magical Christmas Cat anthology)- Noble and Haley - Jaguar Breed  - Haley has witnessed a spy in Sanctuary and now her life is in danger.  Now it is up to Noble to keep his mate alive as death and destruction follow her every move.

I enjoyed this novella.  I cannot call it a complete story as it was far too short and choppy in my opinion to be considered a stand alone story.  I loved the "spots" on his pelt...that was hilarious to me.  I liked that he was willing to adapt to her life to keep her as most of the breeds don't seem to be able to adapt well with all their dominance intact.  I would say I would give this one a 6/10 as it could have been smoother in odometer areas and broadened into its own full story.  While I haven't read the other stories in this book yet as I have a nasty itch that if I enjoy a series I can't "interrupt" it with other stories too...but I will surely keep it in my open files to be read.


No comments:

Post a Comment